Return to archive
Probing Tacit Knowledge. Codes of Tacit Knowledge
Author / Creator
Gennaro Postiglione Gaia Caramellino
Politecnico di Milano, Department of Architecture and Urban Studies
↑ Back to top
- To focus on the specific codes and conventions that tacit modes of knowledge-transmission employ.
- To examine the nature and efficacy of these codes, their conditioning role for architectural cultures and their performance within specific contexts and within local architectural cultures.
- To unpack the ways in which these codes are communicated to clients, builders and a wider community of stakeholders and the general public.
- To gain insights on:
- how codes affect the architectural production;
- how codes can be used to sustain communities of tacit knowledge in architecture;
- how codes change over time, and are transmitted to – and adopted by newcomers.